Trump could launch his own platform in two to three months, an adviser to the ex-president said. According to him, it will gain tens of millions of users.

Former US President Donald Trump will return to social media on his own platform in two to three months, his adviser Jason Miller told Fox News.

According to the adviser, it will be a large platform that will gain tens of millions of users. Miller did not disclose details about the platform on which Trump is going to publish his messages.

Previously, Trump used Twitter as the main platform for expressing his opinion, almost 89 million users subscribed to his account. In January, the social network decided to permanently block Trump’s account in connection with the riots in Washington on January 6, which were staged by Trump supporters.

On this day, the US Congress was supposed to approve the results of the November 3 presidential election, in which Trump lost to Democrat Joe Biden. Trump supporters broke through the police cordon and stormed the building. They were forced out of the Capitol only after a few hours. Five people were killed in clashes between security forces and protesters.

“After carefully reviewing recent tweets sent from Donald Trump’s account and how they are perceived on Twitter and beyond, we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement to violence,” Twitter said. Trump’s Twitch, Facebook and Instagram accounts have also been suspended for various periods in connection with the riots.

The ex-president himself called the decision of social networks censorship and restriction of freedom of speech.